Friday, January 4, 2013

Mardi Gras Math Fun/ Clip Art Linky

Ok--I'm going  to include my clip art linky stuff on top of my original post!  I'm new to being clip art obsessed, so let me share the super cute stuff they made me want more, more, more!  I hope you will check out some of these awesome graphic artists!


Head over to Primary Polka Dots to see more awesome clip art!
Photobucket
Now to Mardi Gras!
So I'm a pretty big fan of Mardi Gras.  I grew up in Mobile and love traveling to New Orleans.  Mardi Gras is February 12 and in honor of an awesome holiday, I created some Mardi Gras Word Problem Task Cards.
But first here's some Nola pics.  I've seen a commercial filming two different times I've been there.  Below is one for Capital One.  I love the music and the art sold on the street!  What a fantastic city!

For the task cards, I left the racy stuff out and kept it rated G for the kiddos.  There are 16 word problems, ans answer sheet, and a key.  If you want something to weave in with Valentine's activities, this is great for you!

Click the pic to check it out! 

I posted some science notebooking ideas at The Science Penguin, so be sure to stop by there!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Ariane! Thanks for joining my linky! HOW FUN! I also LOVE your Mardi Gras pack! I teach in Louisiana so I'm working on a reading Mardi Gras pack...AND, we just bought our first king cake tonight and ate WAY too much of it! :) haha

    Cute blog! :)

    Lindsay
    Primary Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ariane! You've got some great picks on there! I've never heard of Mareetruelove, but will need to check it out! I love seeing everyone's favorite clip art style. So fun!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mardi Gras is a great theme for a unit. We are Americans living in Germany and Mardi Gras is huge here, except they call it Fasching. When we first arrived my daughter became involved with a dance group that performs during the Fasching season each year. The festivities last for almost a month and as you know will be starting soon. http://highhillhomeschool.blogspot.com/2012/02/fasching-parade.html

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover