Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I'm excited about Geometry!

I want to share what me and my bloggy friends have created that I'll be using to teach my students about geometry soon!  We're still all up in the middle of measurement, but geometry will be here before we know it.  Then, "The Test".  Dum dum dum.  A lot of geometry is about students feeling comfortable with the vocabulary and getting some hands-on experiences with 3-D shapes.

I am working to differentiate my math instruction more and more as I get used to teaching 4th grade, so I need a variety of activities to meet the needs of my students.

Anywho, here's what I have:

Types of Lines:
Molly from Elementary Lesson Plans has this super cute and educational activity to use as a differentiated activity for my higher students.
3-D Figures: 
All of my students will be using this activity because there is FOOD!  I'm so excited about this.  If you click the pic, you can see Molly's blog post about this activity.
Vocabulary:
I L-O-V-E LOVE this lapbook from Amber Polk.  Click the pic to check out her post about it and find it!
This is another one from Amber Polk.  This is a great freebie for reviewing geometry vocabulary!
I downloaded and laminated this great freebie from Ashleigh a while back and I'm excited to use this as a review.
This is a super cute Geometry in a Book from Sarah at Resourceful Ragland.  She's a newer blogger, so be sure to show her some love.
Intervention:
My RTI group will be working through the 6 lessons in my Math Intervention: Geometry pack.
Enrichment:
My friend IRL at 4th Grade Racers has tons of enrichment choice boards and I plan on using this one for my higher up kids to reinforce what they know about geometric figures.
I hope I was able to help you a bit with your planning if you have not gotten to geometry yet!  I know I'm excited!

2 comments:

  1. I have geometry coming up soon as well. I am your newest follower. Thanks so much for all the recommendations of some great looking resoures!!

    Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have some of your intervention packets and they are great. It's so good for small group! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover