Tuesday, February 26, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Math Fun

I love St. Patrick's Day!  Last year, I spent it in New Orleans.  This year, it's March 17, the Sunday at the end of our Spring Break.  Convenient?  Maybe, maybe not.  :)
Anywho, I am ill at home for the day.  It was not a pretty morning for me, but I felt well enough this afternoon to laminate and cut out my St. Patrick's Day Math Centers.  There are 5 activities with a fun St. Patrick's Day theme!

I THINK I'm going to use these the day before we get out for Spring Break...it's an interesting day anyway, so these should keep the kiddos interested.  Here's what's in my new pack!

Luck o' the Irish
{word problems featuring facts about St. Pat's Day like how many people live in Ireland and how many gallons of green dye are dumped in the Chicago River}
 Over the Rainbow
{matching equivalent fractions}
 Shamrock Decimals
{ordering the four decimals on each shamrock}
 Leprechaun Combinations
{scenarios in which students find the possible number of combinations using 4 different strategies}
I KNOW my kiddos need to review this!
 Rainbow Operations
{multiplication and division problems and coloring in the rainbow}

Click the pic to check them out on TpT.

1 comment:

  1. Includes math games, printables, resources, math centers, math lessons and anything with a St. Patrick's Day theme that makes math fun and interesting. help me with math

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover